Do You Know Why Your Pet Is Restless ? ?
Sometimes it is hard to figure out why pets behave out of the ordinary and equally it can be tough for pet parents to handle restless behaviour. But if one is aware of the underlying trouble causing such behavioral changes, then a solution can be found accordingly. So to help ease your problem here are five conditions which make your pet restless and uncomfortable:
- Pain and irritation: if your furry friend is experiencingpain due to wounds on the body, internal injury, ear infection, temporary blindness, fractures due to an accident, or organ dysfunction then he or she may exhibit behavioral changes like skipping meals, restlessness (staying awake at night), frequent barking and chewing on his paws or skin. If you notice any of these signs it’s worth consulting with your family
- Separation anxiety: pets have stronger senses than humansand they may start behaving out of character once they sense that you are leaving for a short or long period. They will try to seek your attention by any means necessary, sometimes with destructive intent!
- Arrival of a new family member:when a newborn baby or fellow companion is added to the family then pets begin to get jealous as they have a notion that now they will be ignored by their parents. So they may show unwanted behavior to help remind you that they are still superior and you should give them priority.
4. Mating season:female pets come in heat approximately once or twice per year and during that time they may pass discharge inside the house, become restless, wants to go outside of the house, cry at nights, etc. Likewise sensing a female in heat, male pets also show behavioral changes like humping, urinating in the house, aggression and improper appetite due to hormonal imbalances.
5. Allergic reactions: if your petdevelops an allergic reaction due to vaccinations, feed, an insect bite or grasses/plants, he or she may experience discomfort and will rub their body against different surfaces to scratch and relieve themselves. Allergic reactions can also cause red spots on his face and skin along with swelling. In such a situation talk to your vet immediately.
Healthy pets happy parents!!
Dr. Prachi Kshatriya